ESFEuropean Science Foundation
|Type of Structure:||organisation / agency|
|Regional Scope:||continental in the area: Europe|
|Child Organisations:||EPC, INTROP, PONAM, RSTCB
No more in operation: ALPNET
|Duration :||0 to present|
|Contact Address:||no office contact defined|
General information and objectivesThe European Science Foundation is committed to promoting high quality science at a European level. It is the European association of national organisations responsible for the support of scientific research.
The aim is to act as a catalyst for the development of science by bringing together leading scientists and research funding agencies to debate, plan and implement pan-European initiatives.
- to advance European cooperation in basic research
- to examine and advise on research and science policy issues of strategic importance
- to promote the mobility of researchers and the free flow of information and ideas
- to facilitate cooperation in the use of existing facilities and in the planning and provision of new facilities
- to plan and, where appropriate, to manage collaborative research activities.
For further details, link to the ESF Home Page
Last update: 11/5/03
Source of data: ProClim- Research InfoSystem (1993-2020)